Welcome to Marine and offshore insight website! It’s great to have you here. Discover maritime world with us. Marine and offshore insight – Is one of the best marine guide blog. Our team includes both top seafarers, maritime logistics officers, marine safety officers and ship crewing managers.
We start up since 2008, focus on sharing related marine developments, maritime discovery, rendering seafarer assistance ( in terms of documentation, training and job finding). Apart from the mentioned list, our logistics officers also work closly in partnaship with other maritime companies for more expansion.
Seafarers and other maritime professionals do share their experinces both at sea and onshore on our blog section. Moreover you are also welcome to contact us for inquires, partnership or any maritime related consultation. Note, all comments in our blog posts are moderated according to our policy.
However, you can browse through for already answered quistions, comments and training tools provided for our audience. Most posts are shared base on it category, therefore for easy navigation of our site, you can see pages and categories placed sideways or use our site search with your keywords for better result.
Recent shared maritime articles
On arrival or boarding any type of ship; either as a crew member, passenger, a cabin (a living room) will be provided for you and inside it are equipped with furnitures, electronics, means of commutation, etc.
The cabin will serve as a personal home throughout your stay onboard the vessel. Depending on the ship cabin plans and arrangement, some cabins might have only one person occupancy or between 2 – 4 persons in one.
- Ali Osman departure from port chalkisAli Osman departure from port chalkis Chalkis is a small Island located in Euboea, Greece …. for more history of the city, you can check Wikipedia It was nice visiting this port. Last Updated on June 17, 2020Recommended post:10 …
- MV CLIPPER TERMINUS – discharging grain with shore gearMV CLIPPER TERMINUS – discharging grain with shore gear MV CLIPPER TERMINUS discharging grain today with shore gear at port of morehead city Last Updated on June 17, 2020 Recommended post: 10 Important Things To Check During Electro… Ship crew …
- Video: 3rd officer onboard daily routine.The third officer onboard has a major role to play. He is a licensed member of the deck departments of a merchant’s vessel. As a matter of fact, the 3rd mate is a qualified 3rd class certificate of competency ( …
- Seasickness and it remediesSeasickness ( AKA motion sickness ) is one of the things that discourage most cadets or first-time employee at sea. Also, passengers who travel through ships or air face motion sickness. These usually happen during rough weather, cold, hight feel, etc. …
- Engine and deck cadet job – joining date ASAPJob for Engine and deck cadet – joining date Asap This where to app for Engine and deck cadet job – also following our effort to help the new professionals in the maritime career, we wish to inform the deck and …
When it comes to cruise ships, only same sex crews or passengers are placed in a cabins with multiple beds, except in VIP area where ever top crew officers, passengers with family or friends can stay single or together. While in cargo ships crews area placed as per ranks; executive cabins (2 room in one) for top four officers ( capt, chief engineer, chief mate, second engineer) and single ones for crews. In case of less rooms, crews can be two in one cabin of double Bunks (beds), with few drawers (to store your luggages), and a small tiny bathroom.
Since not everyone knows how to maintain proper cleanliness or hygiene, then comes in the crew accommodation convention requirements 92 – 133 of MLC, ILO..
Last Updated on
Onboard every vessel, there are two windlass motors and two mooring winches for heaving up and dropping anchor, mooring the ship or boat at the jetty, etc. Related post: general procedure for ship departure and arrival to port Sometimes, this equipment might develop problem of not taking required load (power out) or refuse to work…
In container vessels, the word stowage plan ” is the method in which different containers are being loaded on board container ships according to the specific standard of its size.” Furthermore, stowage plan also contributes to the economic maximization of shipping cargos, as well as maintaining the safety of the ship and her crew. Stowage…
CES 4.1 & STA QUESTIONS & CORRECT ANSWERS
As they use to say, Practice makes perfect .... Here we have made it simple to run easy CES test online for training purposes... Please note, the questions might be different from that of your examiner .... Only some words has been changed from the original one.
To start the test, click on "Start Quiz" Below
More online Seafarers test, MARPOL questions and self training can be find here. Also don’t forget to subscribe below for newsletters and latest updates from us.
Last Updated on