Engine Room Resource Management (ERM) is a system of achieving safe engineering operations by proactively managing personnel, equipment, and information. its an important course for engine room officers.
The main objective of engine resource management related to the non-technical skills associated with the social interaction between team members, situation awareness and decision-making.
Engine room is a high fidelity, complex, simulated working environment, which requires proper attention.
Therefore the course has been designed to meet the requirements of STCW Regulation I/12, Sections A-III/1 & 2 and A & B-VIII/2.
As per the course direction, it is intended for engineering officers at both the management and operational level. The program can be tailored to specific shipping company operations. this course covers;
- Team Building and Development
- Familiarization with an Engine simulator
- Engineering Organization and Procedures
- Management of Stress and Distractions
- Situational Awareness and Error Trapping
- Leadership and workload management
- Identification technical problem and timely correct response
- Crisis management and human behavior
This post is for our crews who asked why they go for Engine room team management, once you attend to this course, you will be able to understand the above points.
Do you have a question? or wish to add advice, recommendation? Please kindly drop them on the comment box or send us an email.
Like this article? subscribe and share with friends.
Last Updated on